Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Getting Started

Well, I've been here at FBC close to a month, but I guess I should recap as if I've been doing this here blog all along. Well here goes...

Things started off fast with me ending up here at FBC. I was finnishin up the semester at McAfee School of Theology in the ATL when I got an email about there being a job opening in Forsyth. I called up and let them know i was interested and the ball started rolling. After the first interview with the dilligent and ridicoulously hard working Youth Comittee we scheduled a couple more. Although I met Glen and Darrell, I was not turned off too much since I had a chance to meet many youth as well. I was skipping the last two weeks of class to go to Korea, but did have time to lead a Wednesday night program before leaving.

While in Korea I met Sunny's (my fiancee) for the first time and that wen't great. They don't speak any English so I was pretty nervous. I also received an email calling me here to be presented to the church as the new Youth and children's guy. I was thrilled to say yes. When I got back we had a good ole' BBQ dinner and some ultimate frisbee followed by a vote the next day.

And that, lady's and gentlemen is the story of me coming here.

Ps. As always, check out my yahoo pics for extra pictures.

No comments: